Technology has been on the run for almost half a century already. It is a dynamic concept that constantly changes as time passes by. According to statistics, almost 80 percent of the old technology has been upgraded into a newer and better form of technology. The remaining 20 percent are old technologies which are on the brink of existence, for these technologies were left on one side of the corner, unattended. It is also observed in studies that around 90 percent of things in the environment either in houses, offices, schools, parks, and other known places involve simple or complex technology in it. This proves how technology will conquer the world in the later future.
Technology started from simple sharpeners to complex computers and gadgets. In the growth of technology, it can be read that technology’s current peak is today’s level and every day that passes by is another peak. This shows how technology greatly influences the lifestyle of people.
Like how everything began, Education also started in the simplest form; from teaching young children how to write, stand, walk, recite animal names, etc. Implementing technology in education is the best investment of schools and universities. Before, teachers are using simple and handwritten visual aids aside from writing in blackboards or chalkboards. They were more on written exams and hands-on quizzes and assignments. Introducing technology, the life teachers, and professors became as easy as staying at home.
Teachers started the use of technology related materials like remote television for their reports. These television screens can be connected to the internet using Wireless Fidelity or wired Ethernet. Others connect their personal computer or laptops to projectors. A projector displays the images in the laptop screen to clear and open spaces like walls or boards. But teachers don’t worry much about such things since it comes with a sheet of cloth that can be easily set up. Teaching is also taken now to the online world. Some professors or teachers conduct online lessons and online exams. This removes the limitation of time in teaching. Teachers can now give lessons at the rise of the sun or at the break of dawn.
Other schools are also improving because of technology. A program that will allow every teacher to send messages to their students via an SMS blast has been implemented in many schools. This gives them the power to inform all their students’ updates about their grades, activities and even the cancellation of classes.