The development of technology and its occurrence in the world brought a lot of influence to the people and their personal lives. People immediately embraced the world of technology and focused on learning its system and how it works. This led to certain effects in the lives of human beings. Due to different perspectives of people, introducing a new thing in the society gathers both positive and negative effects. Here are a few of the effects:
- Less Physical Interaction- technology allows people to socialize with different people at various places in the comfort of their homes. Social media applications permit online conversations with strangers or the people you know who are far away from you. But, the abuse of this feature resulted to an unhealthy habit. Arriving at home, students immediately faces their smartphones or personal computers without talking or saying hi to their family. In dinner on restaurants or fast food chains, people use their gadgets while waiting for their orders and takes pictures of their food before eating. The interaction only happens when their hands are holding spoons and fork instead of phones.
- Health problems- the technology affects the health of the users in two distinct ways. First is the after effect of using such technologies. Due to this, people eat less food or skip meals because of their activities on the internet. The second is the direct health damage it causes. The radiation from the screen of these gadgets or the radiation of the Wi-Fi affects certain cells in the body and may lead to its interrupted functioning.
- Distraction- students skip classes or fail to make their assignments and projects due to these technologies. They are so engrossed in socializing on the internet that they get too tired to do their responsibilities in school and at home. In exams or in work, thinking about the videos you shared and other possibilities technology offers distracts the minds of the people in performing basic tasks.
- Lack of Sleep- sleep is greatly affected by these technologies. Almost 90% of teenagers engaged in technology lack sleep. They focus too much on playing, surfing, and exploring the internet that they lose track of time in the night.
- Communication- technology is very helpful in reaching numerous people within or outside the country. Although reaching distant people is possible through telegrams or mail, technology made everything easier. Any individual can now reach thousands of peoples in an instant and can even send video messages or do live broadcasting.
- Increase Productivity- due diverse matters on the internet, any work is an easy thing with technology. Researchers are made easy by just browsing the net and looking for related studies. Assignments and projects can also be found on the internet. New technology enables people to do their work quickly which further imply that they increase their productivity.
- Ease of everything- from work to school to churches and houses, technology has been of great use in terms of making things easy. The various aspects of technology make everything easy.
Employment- the internet, as part of technology, also increases employment rates since online jobs are also available in it.